Winter Break Report & Free Books on Monday


Dear Favorite Readers,

I'm going to be away from my laptop the next two weeks as well, it's Christmastime.

Christmas has always been a big deal in my family.  Honestly, it begins the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't stop its insanity until New Year's Day.  It's both overwhelming and magical, beautiful and big.  I complain about it, but deeply love it.  (You know, I've been listening to Christmas music since November, so I'm not quite as innocent as I seem.)

This year, I announced to the family that I would like a small Christmas--less of everything.  It's a funny thing about families, it seems that when you make a request, they seem to do the exact opposite.

And to be honest, with these self-imposed restrictions of "smaller Christmas" it has grown larger-- a new added tradition, an extra Christmas party, a surprise outing, a community country Christmas celebration in a rainy downpour.

My calendar is filled full until Christmas (except today) when I will wrap and clean, then look over my list to see if there is *anything* I've forgotten.

I'll be putting some posts up over the next two weeks, but probably be on the quiet side- more photos than words I think.  I will have a Confession Tuesday, Christmas Edition with Confessions from Christmas Past (oh, there were tears, sad teenage tears, but more on this later...)

I'll try to email a photo to my blog from where I'm at - I plan to see the Picasso exhibit, we still haven't been to the Nutcracker, life happening in real time images, sent here.

But in thinking of the next year, let me know what you'd like to see on this blog or anything you'd like me to blog about (I'm keeping a list, though not checking it twice).

I can tell you a few things 2011 will hold--

* Some new colors for the blog (and I'll put away the holiday decorations)
* Posts on how to bring a "Retreat Mind" home with you
* How to be (or find) a good roommate on a retreat (with photos of our coffee pot)
* Maybe some goal setting (remember, I'm a Capricorn-- we love this kind of stuff)
* Of course, posts about writing and creating


If you can, show up here tomorrow, as there will be some chances for free copies of Letters From the Emily Dickinson Room.

As well as this week will have some things that make me feel like a cup of cocoa during Christmastime.  Happy things.

So wonderful reader, I hope you have (or had) a wonderful Hanukkah, Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, December, Sunday, birthday, holiday season, Lady of Guadalupe day, writing retreat, Black Friday, workday, snow day, writing day, or whatever it is you are doing that brings joy into your life, I wish you more of whatever that is.

Cheers to a new year, new blog colors, and hope for a peaceful, well-fed, well-loved, well-cared for, art-filled world.

warmly,
 ~Kells



Share

Comments

  1. I've delighted in having found your posts this year. Thank you for the good reads.

    May you have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday season, and I like your list. Off to make one of my own....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.