From Al Gore...

Yes, Al Gore sent me an email. Yes, he sends a lot of people emails. But I thought I'd share this as I was impressed (but not surprised) that he donating the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection. There's a link below if you'd like to check out the organization.

Also, if you'd like to receive emails from Al Gore or just visit his website, I put the link above and here.


*
Subject line: I am deeply honored.


I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change--the world's pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis--a group whose members have worked tirelessly and selflessly for many years. We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level.

My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organization that is devoted to changing public opinion in the U.S. and around the world about the urgency of solving the climate crisis.

Thank you,
Al Gore

Comments